Do you know what should be paid attention to when using Shandong rapid prototyping method to make silicone rubber mold? We will explain the following problems from several aspects:
(1) Be careful in mold lifting operation. For the prototype with mold lifting angle (draft angle), concave and convex structures, as long as the deformation does not exceed the silicone rubber tear resistance range during demoulding, the mold can generally be lifted smoothly, but the mold should be lifted very carefully to avoid damaging the silicone rubber mold and production.
(2) Prototype parts shall meet certain performance requirements. The prototype shall have good rigidity and certain strength to avoid deformation during mold making. In addition, the prototype must have correct shape, accurate size and high finish.
(3) Select a reasonable pouring method. In the pouring process, if the pouring method and pouring position are improper, the bubbles in the mold cavity will be wrapped into the mold cavity, leaving defects after the mold is cured. The solution is to pour gradually in batches during the pouring process, that is, first pour a thin layer on the surface of the prototype, and then pour the remaining materials after the surface layer of silicone rubber is in the semi curing state, so that the silicone rubber and the prototype can fully contact and the bubbles can be easily discharged.
(4) The mold must be placed flat. When pouring the silicone rubber mold, the upper and lower bottom surfaces of the silicone rubber mold shall be flat as far as possible to avoid uneven end surfaces. Otherwise, when the silicon rubber mold is used for pouring parts, the uneven placement of the mold will easily cause dimensional deformation of the pouring parts.
(5) Whether the silicone rubber mold is made by normal pressure, pressurization or decompression, bubbles may be mixed in the mold. Bubbles can cause defects in the mold. There may be shrinkage holes or bulges when casting parts with the mold, affecting the quality of the parts, and reducing the strength of the rubber mold due to several stresses, causing damage.
The notes for making silicone rubber mold with rapid prototyping method are explained. If you have any ideas, you can come to our website at any time http://www.szdgnt.cn Share and communicate!